Saturday, March 12, 2011

Although today is not officially St. Patrick's Day, today Pittsburgh is celebrating Saint Patrick with a parade and festival. Many people assume that Patrick is from Ireland,but actually he came from an aristocratic family from Britain. He was kidnapped as a teen and forced to be a slave for six years in Ireland. During this time, his job was tending sheep-he spent hours each day in prayer. Eventually he escaped back to Britain. No longer a spoiled rich kid, instead he had become a man sold out for Christ! Several years later, he returned to Ireland as a missionary and lived out his life winning that country to Christ. What a testimony!

His constant prayer:
Christ shield me this day:
Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,                                            
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,                         
Christ when I lay down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in the ear that hears me.

Saint Patrick-from His Breastplate

No comments: