Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Mama's in the Kitchen



Hard to believe it's finally here, but the first day of spring is this coming Sunday. Which means...sandal season is right around the corner! I don't know about you, but after this winter, my tootsies are not fit for public display. Now I could book a pedicure appointment, but being the frugal (-cheap) girl that I am, I'm making my own mani/pedi scrub. It's exfoliating and moisturizing, and super easy to make yourself. It's a great gift for moms, girlfriends, even for guys-but then you should probably call it 'big man scrub'-or something like that.

Mani/Pedi Scrub:
1 cup olive oil (I buy el cheapo)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/3 cup kosher salt
Stir until blended together,then add
a few drops of essential oil (longest lasting), or the zest
of a piece of citrus+ a few drops of extract
(for instance orange zest+ orange extract)
Makes about 2 cups

No comments: