Friday, March 11, 2011

Monday, March 7, 2011

Maybe I'm Getting Old, Or Maybe I'm Just (Finally!) Getting It Right

The last few years as my children (I have 2 sons) have graduated college, married and moved away, I've been asking God what he would have for me in this next season of my life. I despise the term 'empty nest', because I want my nest to be full-full of life, love, laughter and joy. Is my life to be a barren desert with hot-flash winds blowing tumbleweeds because my kids now have lives of their own? The Lord has emphatically said "NO Karen, fill your life to overflowing with me." John 10:10-I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." So this is the journey I'm on; living an abundant life. Now I'm not talking about a life full of things to buy, places to visit,a schedule packed full of busyness-in fact, those are things I need to limit, there is no satisfaction to be found in them. God is leading me to just the opposite>a wide-open life that he will fill to overflowing with purpose,love, laughter and joy.

No comments: