Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Rain in its Season

Today I was reading in I Timothy about how Christ showed perfect patience or longsuffering (depending on which version you are reading) towards Paul, with one goal or end in view (that he would know Christ). And Paul said that Christ was setting an example or pattern for us who also have to bear long with difficult souls. I was encouraged by that. And as I read I came across some words the Lord had given me that I had tucked in my Bible 15 yrs ago. It seemed to go with what He had for me today and was a reminder of his faithfulness. I want to encourage you with this word of encouragement I received so many years ago. Situations were very difficult, laying on the floor prone, begging, difficult and one morning He gave me this...  Deut. 11: 11-14

'But the land into which you are about to cross to possess it, a land of hills and valleys, drinks water from the rain of heaven, a land for which the LORD your God cares; the eyes of the LORD your God are always on it, from the beginning even to the end of the year. It shall come about, if you listen obediently to my commandments which I am commanding you today, to love the LORD your God and to serve Him with all your heart and all your soul, that He will give the rain for your land in its season, the early and the late rain, that you may gather in your grain and your new and your oil.'
His eyes are on me on this 'land of hills and valleys' I have to cross in my life and they are on me from the beginning of the journey to the end of the journey. He won't lose interest or abandon me midway thru. He will bring rain 'in it's season'. Be patient, He knows the right time. BUT there is an IF in this deal... I have to obey,love and serve. I love how God always works 'with' us, like a partnership! He includes me in the wonderful things He is doing! I can be a part of his redemptive work! I can be a vessel. So as I go thru this up and down life I can be sure that he is with me all of the journey and that when the time is right He will send the rain and we will have a harvest! Notice the 'early and late rain', It's been a long process and it's not over yet, there has been 'early rain', but there is still, after 15 years, 'late rain' to come. I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I do know that it holds God and from the beginning to the end and that is good enough for me.

No comments: